Wednesday 24 June 2015

Point of Sale

these three patterns were made using scans of my paper cut texture tests. They were all saved as jpegs but I then altered them using photoshop. The purpose of these are to see if small repeated patterns such as the first and second image look appealing. I can then see them being printed onto tissue paper and used to package the candles.
 

As well as the tissue paper packaging patterns, I combined my labels from the candles for wosat and placed them together as if they were tiles. Seeing the labels on a spread together makes them work better than they do on their own as the constant pattern with the changed background make the work bolder and stronger. I was more conscious this time to use more feminine colours, which can be seen in the lower line of pink, green, blue and yellow and lilac labels.


I was trying out the layout of the lemon paper cut pattern and using the same effect as above to try out the different colours. I didn't use text because it wasn't part of my main focus and I felt that it would distract me from trying out different colours.

I tried a different layout with a different part of the lemon paper cut scan pattern. I applied text this time but I was not focusing on the text this time round either.

third layout but this time with the orange paper cut.

The last point of sale layout for posters that I made. I used the scans and Photoshop to duplicate the orange paper cut pattern. i think these are too  busy and distracting and the text does not work well at all either. it might look better if the plain coloured text was wider and the text could be arranged all along one side leaving more of a coloured blank space as a boarder.

mock up of a window display with two of my point of sale poster layouts included. I perfer the lemon point of sale poster as I find the colours to be more relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment